LifeStraw Flex with Soft Touch Bottle
LifeStraw Flex is a powerful 2-stage water filter that provides safe drinking water in any environment. It removes bacteria, parasites, and microplastics, while reducing lead and chemicals. It can be used in five ways: as a personal straw, with the included soft bottle, attached to a plastic water bottle, a hydration bladder or gravity bag.
- Removes 99.999% of microplastics
- Removes 99.999% of parasites
- Reduces organic chemical matter (pesticides, herbicides, VOCs)
- Exceeds NSF 53 standard for reduction of lead and other heavy metals
- Exceeds NSF 42 standard for chlorine reduction
- Exceeds US EPA drinking water standards for bacteria and parasites
- Microbiological filter lasts up to 2,000 liters (500 gallons)
- Carbon capsule lasts up to 100 liters (26 gallons)
Ultralight, versatile and long-lasting filter with expanded protection and collapsible squeeze bottle for outdoor sports, travel, survival and emergencies.
- Next level protection against heavy metals including lead as well as bacteria, parasites, microplastics, and organic chemical matter like pesticides, and herbicides
- Versatile, multi-use water filter system. It can be used in 5 ways
- Compact and ultralight 3.15oz (0.20 lbs)
- Long lifetime: microbiological cartridge lasts 500 gallons (more than 1.5 years of drinking water). Replaceable carbon filter lasts 25 gallons (more than 3 months of drinking water)
- This product gives back: one product, one school child, one year of clean water
How it Works
The next generation of the award winning LifeStraw personal water filter, the LifeStraw Flex provides added versatility and protection while continuing to be extremely lightweight and long-lasting. The 2-stage filter protects against bacteria, parasites, and microplastics while also expanding protection against lead and some chemicals. The product is ideal for hiking, camping, and emergency preparedness/survival. It includes a collapsible squeeze bottle.
Stage 1: The hollow fiber membrane removes
• 99.999999% of bacteria (E. coli)
• 99.999% of parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.)
• 99.999% of microplastics
Stage 2: The activated carbon capsule reduces
• Lead and other heavy metals
• Bad odor and taste
• Organic chemical matter
- Kit includes: LifeStraw Flex filter, 22 oz soft bottle and backwashing syringe for cleaning
- Filtration technology: Hollow fiber microfiltration membrane (0.2 microns) paired with a carbon fiber filter
- Microbiological filter capacity: 500 gallons (2,000 liters). Pores clog over time as the filter is used; reaching end of life when water cannot pass through.
- Carbon filter capacity: 25 gallons (100 liters). With frequent use, recommended to change fitler every 3 months.
- Soft bottle material: TPU
- Soft bottle capacity: 22 fl oz
- Soft bottle size: 10.6” x 3.85”
- Filter size: 6.42” x 1.49”
- Product weight with soft bottle: 3.15 oz (0.20 lbs)
- BPA Free
- Replaceable hollow fiber filter and carbon filters available
- Can be used as a straw or in the soft bottle provided.
- Fits most standard size hydration bladders. Using the LifeStraw Flex in-line with a hydration bladder is done by cutting the hose at the mouthpiece or midway.
- Fits many gravity systems on the market that use a standard tube size. LifeStraw Flex is fits into the base of the tube connecting the bag to the filter. See how: (insert link to article)
- LifeStraw Flex with a gravity bag and hose (instead of a soft bottle) is sold separately or you can purchase just the gravity bag and hose if you want to add it to your LifeStraw Flex with soft collapsible bottle kit.
We believe that responsible manufacturing includes creating and maintaining a strong evidence base for our product claims and their intended impacts. All products undergo rigorous independent testing to meet or exceed protocols established by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) We also built and run an ISO accredited water laboratory based in Vietnam that does quality validation and testing of all of our new and existing products.
- Hollow fiber membrane filter: 0.2 micron pore size. Removes 99.999999% of bacteria, 99.999% of parasites, and 99.999% of microplastics
- Also removes turbidity (silt, sand, and cloudiness)
- Carbon fiber filter: Improves taste while reducing lead and other heavy metals, chlorine, and organic chemical matter such as pesticides, herbicides, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards for bacteria and protozoa reduction.
- Meets NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for chlorine reduction, bad taste, odor.
- Meets NSF/ANSI Standard 53 for lead reduction
- Hollow fiber filter lifetime: 500 gallons (2,000 liters)
- Carbon filter lifetime: 25 gallons (100 liters)
- Filtration powered by: suction (as a straw or in-line), pressure (in the squeezable bottle), gravity (when paired with a gravity system).
- Flow Rate: 0.9 liters/minute
- EPA Est. No. 95395-KOR-1
- WARNING: Cancer and reproductive harm. Learn more www.p65warnings.ca.gov